Insolvency Act 1986 - Index to Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) Insolvency Law
Sections 1 to 7B of The Insolvency Act 1986
The law relating to Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs) is found in four places:
- Sections 1 to 7B of The Insolvency Act 1986; (see below for links)
- and in Schedule A1 to the same Act; (which deals with a second type of CVA - A CVA with a moratorium on creditors' enforcement actions prior to the creditors meeting)
- and in Rules 1.1 to 1.56 of The Insolvency Rules 1986;
- and in case law. which "interprets" the above Sections, Schedule & Rules (We can provide you, free of charge, with case law on any particular point you need information upon)
- This index is only to The Insolvency Act requirements - The index to the Insolvency Rules 1986 as they impact on Company Voluntary Arrangements is elsewhere on this site.
The Insolvency Act 1986 while carrying the date "1986" is an Act which is regulary updated.
This index is to Sections 1 to 7B of The Insolvency Act 1986. By clicking on the link below that you are interested in it will take you to a separate webpage that deals with that particular Section of The Insolvency Act 1986 as it pertains to CVAs.
Section 1 The Insolvency Act 1986 - Those who may propose a Company Voluntary Arrangement.
Section 1A The Insolvency Act 1986 - Moratoriums and Company Voluntary Arrangements.
Section 2 The Insolvency Act 1986 - Procedure where nominee is not the liquidator or administrator
Section 3 The Insolvency Act 1986 - Summoning of Company Voluntary Arrangement shareholders and creditors meetings
Section 4 The Insolvency Act 1986 - The decisions made at shareholders' and creditors' meetings to consider a Company Voluntary Arrangement proposal
Section 4A The Insolvency Act 1986 - Approval of the Company Voluntary Arrangement
Section 5 The Insolvency Act 1986 - The effect of approval of a Company Voluntary Arrangement
Section 6 The Insolvency Act 1986 - Challenge to decisions made at Company Voluntary Arrangement shareholders' and creditors' meetings
Section 6A The Insolvency Act 1986 - False representations
Section 7 The Insolvency Act 1986 - Implementation of the agreed CVA proposal
Section 7A The Insolvency Act 1986 - False representations made at shareholders's and creditors' meetings
Section 7B The Insolvency Act 1986 - CVAs that come to an end prematurely
The purpose of this webpage index is to provide a guide to the insolvency law that is found in The Insolvency Act 1986 that relates specifically to Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs). As well as setting out the precise wording of The Insolvency Act we provide: a commentary on that CVA Insolvency Act law; the case law arising out of The Insolvency Act; and case studies.